Voigtländer has announced the Nokton 50mm f/1.2 Aspherical Lens for full-frame Sony E-mount. US and EU pricing has not yet been announced, but the price in Japan is ¥150,000 (excluding tax). First shipment is scheduled for April 2019.
- Focal length: 50 mm
- Aperture ratio: 1: 1.2
- Minimum Aperture: F22
- Lens Configuration: 6 groups 8 pieces
- Angle of View: 47.5 °
- Diaphragm Blades: 12
- Minimun Focus Distance: 0.45 m
- Maximum Magnification: 1: 7.0
- Size: 70.1mm D × 58.8 mm L
- Filter size: 58 mm
- Weight: 434 g
- Lens Hood: Attached
- Electronic Contact: Yes
- Focus Magnification function: Yes
- Exif Information: Yes
- Lens Correction Selection: Possible
- 5-axis body hand movement: Yes (limited to IBIS body)
- Other: Click/Clickless Aperture
- Sony E mount compatible With electronic contacts, lens usage status is reflected in Exif information of shooting data. In addition, because it incorporates a distance encoder, it supports cameras with 5-axis image stabilization. It is also possible to enlarge the viewfinder by operating the focus ring.
- Optimized optical design In addition to securing full-size image circle, it adopts optical design optimized for Sony E mount sensor. Maintaining high resolution up to the periphery of the screen, phenomena such as color hue are suppressed.
- Outstanding optical performance, four aspherical surfaces adopted as two aspherical lenses out of the eight lenses, both lenses are made aspherical, realizing both high-quality image quality and large aperture.
- Manual Focus capable of reliable focusing by adopting a total metal helicoid unit processed and adjusted with high precision and high quality grease producing moderate torque, smooth operation feeling is realized. It enables delicate focus adjustment.
- Aperture click switching mechanism a stop switching mechanism capable of opening and closing the aperture ring steplessly without generating click sound is installed. There is no need to worry about picking up the operation sound of the aperture ring at the time of movie recording.
Further images of this lens can be viewed here
Voigtländer also announced that a Nokton 21mm f/1.4 Aspherical lens for Sony E-mount is also under development, no further details have been provided.
Via: Photo Rumors
Please Help Me to Keep Alpha Shooters Going and Growing
I don’t like to ask for PayPal donations but you can easily support this site by purchasing your gear through the affiliate links (denoted with *) on this page or visiting the Alpha Shooters Amazon Store (US Only) to check out my recommended Sony Alpha Gear and Accessories. If you buy something after clicking a link I may receive a small commission, but don’t worry as the price still remains the same for you. If you do choose to buy through my links, thank you very much for your kind support and I look forward to seeing your shots in one of the many Alpha Shooters Facebook Groups that I run.