Adobe has updated Lightroom and Camera RAW to support RAW files from the new Sony a6400.
The following minimum versions are required for full support of Sony’s a6400 ARW files:
Lightroom CC: v2.21 or higher
Lightroom Classic: v8.2.1 or higher
Adobe Camera Raw: v11.2.1 or higher
Check your version number in Lightroom. My Cloud Updater App said I had the latest version installed but it wasn’t true, it was stuck on 1.5. This was because I hadn’t updated my Mac OS for a while and the latest Lightroom CC2019 requires macOS 10.12 or Windows 10 (v1709 or later).
For Lightroom Classic 8.2.1 support you’ll need to be running macOS 10.12 (Sierra), macOS 10.13 (High Sierra), macOS 10.14 (Mojave), Microsoft Windows 7 with Service Pack 1 (64-bit) or Windows 10. If you are not running these OS versions then you won’t get the updates unfortunately.
You can find Adobe’s full list of supported cameras here.
My Sony a6400 Resources
- Sony a6400 Resource Page
- Sony a6400 Sample Images
- Sony a6400 Accessories Guide
- Sony a6400 Lenses Guide
- Sony a6400 Facebook Group
* Sony a6400 Price & Deals Check
Please Help Me to Keep Alpha Shooters Going and Growing.
I don’t like to ask for PayPal donations but there are two very easy and completely free ways that you can support this site.
1. By purchasing your gear through the affiliate links (denoted with *) on this site or by visiting the Alpha Shooters Amazon Store (US Only) to check out my recommended Sony Alpha Gear and Accessories. If you buy something after clicking a link I may receive a small commission, but don’t worry as the price still remains the same for you.
2. By sharing this sites content that you find helpful on social media, in forums, or linking back to it from your own website.
If you do buy through my links or share my content, then thank you very much for your kind support and I look forward to seeing your shots in one of the many Alpha Shooters Facebook Groups that I run.